For the strategic plan period of 2017 to 2021, the UEC will be developed as a hub of the university staff, students and enterprises for growth and advancement of everyone in the cooperation.
The CITI university missions are:
• Incorporate enterprise requirements to graduates in education programs;
• Increase job-getting opportunity of graduates and students through comprehensive information collecting and distributing system;
• Encourage graduates and students to start up own business; and
• Promote Alumni association’s activities.
CITI University consists of the following schools:
• Business school;
• School of Construction, Architecture and Design;
• Art school; and
• Beauty school.
Over 1000 students are studying for bachelor, master, doctoral degrees in more than 20 programs. The number of university staff reaches about a hundred. All 4 schools in the University are actively involved in developing of the strategic plan. Based on their contribution and comments implementation initiatives are incorporated into the strategic plan.
According to the project appraisal document of the Higher education reform project funded by Asian Development Bank, the most significant issues facing Mongolian higher education system are:
• Low quality and relevance, and weak quality assurance;
• Low staff quality and inadequate learning and research environment;
• Ineffective governance and management, lack of autonomy, and weak leadership;
• Inadequate financing;
• Lack of equity and access.
It is reported that, in average, around 40% of graduates of private higher education institutions of Mongolia are gets employed. It is caused by insufficient quality and relevance of higher education programs against labor market demands. Also, there might be over-qualification criteria to graduates from employers. Therefore, UEC will focus on the followings:
• Advance collaboration with enterprises;
• Support graduates to get jobs or start own business;
• Close cooperation and continuous feedback from the alumni association.
Under the ERASMUS+ project funded by European Union, the UEC has been established in September 2017. As a project focal point of the ERASMUS+ project, head of Foreign Relation department is responsible for the UEC and day to day activities.